Monday, June 20, 2011

Set Points to ponder

Read this article and then answer the questions:

Article from nie
Written by Rachel, 10 years old
Title: Sing when you are sad.

He says: LIFE is full of ups and downs; we cannot prolong the blissful moments neither can we skip the sad ones. Sometimes we might get really sad about things and indulge in unhealthy social activities and get angry at small things. All this to release tension. I on the other hand would choose music.

Music came into my life when I was eight. It was when my sisters started learning the piano. I enjoy classical and country music and that has helped me get through my schooling life. Life gets tough sometimes and when assignments overflow, I actually could stay up late at night just to finish them. If it wasn't for music, I would have given up in the lonely nights.

And if it weren’t for this article, I wouldn’t have had the chance to know how important music is to me.


It reminds me that patience reigns over impetuosity, endurance and acceptance rule over abreaction. - Teoh Han Ee, 18, Penang

She syas: Does music help me in my everyday life? YES it does. My brothers and I are just music maniacs. We sing when we’re in the car, room or EVERYWHERE!!!! And I do mean everywhere.

Well, I think music helps. When we’re sad, we sing, when we’re lonely, we sing as well.


And believe you me, singing does me a lot of good. For example, I listen to music when I am bored. I plug my earphones into my iPhone and listen to my favourite songs.

I think singing is a passion because it lightens up the mood and makes us happy when we are sad.

So, when you’re sad or lonely, you know what to do. SING! - Rachel Desiree Ooi, 10, Selangor


What do you think of this article?
Do you agree or disagree?
As a Muslim girl do you think music is permissible?
If you like music too do you think you can substitute music with something more blessed by Allah like zikir?

Think before you answer.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-not bad
    B-50%.Because i just can learn with an instrumental music
    C-Yes,as long as the music is not misleading us.
    D-Yes.That's what i mean by instrumental music.

    ReplyDelete